As a parent, you sometimes tend to focus on the things that aren't going well, so I will start with the positives. Scarlett slept through the night without a whimper, didn't fall out, stayed in bed all morning. The same thing happened last night. So far, so good, right?
Sadly her lunchtime naps have not been as successful. Day 1, she got up once, so I returned her to bed, read her a story, kissed all her toys goodnight, kissed her good night again and left the room. She got a bit upset and tried to open her door again. Miraculously she couldn't, so she hopped back in bed and went to sleep.
Day 2, the count for number of times she has gotten out of bed is currently standing at 7, though during the writing of this I expect that will increase. I have tried the above, with the inclusion of some warm milk, but still no joy. She's not crying and knows she should be in bed. I am trying not to smile, as the last time she got up she came riding out on her car!
Count is up to 8 now. This time she's getting into her cupboards.
What am I going to do with her?!
I can hear her up in her room now, so it's only a matter of time before she comes out again. We could have one very tired wee girl on our hands this afternoon... Plus we're expecting visitors! Thankfully they have a little one of their own, so hopefully will be sympathetic to our plight.
Suddenly the world of work is looking much easier than being a stay-at-home Mum. I am thinking of Miles at school, blissfully unaware of the dramas at home. Such is life eh? I'll keep you posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment