Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Computer Woes

Well for those of you who have been checking in here, you will have found a rather blank canvas of late. This is entirely due to some nasty problems with the hard drive on our Mac. I got the Mac for my birthday (in October) and it had been trucking along fine until about 3 weeks ago when it decided to have a meltdown of sorts.

Basically there is a fault with the hard drive, and as a result we can't access any of our files. We've taken it to all sorts of people and companies, but the long and the short of it is that we can't get any of our data back unless we pay S$1500. That kind of money doesn't grow on trees, but we are trying to decide exactly how priceless our photos of Scarlett are for a 6 month period. Thankfully we have a record of some (largely due to this blog), but sadly this is only a fraction of what was on the computer. Oh woe is me. We're back to our old laptop (runs fine, but majorly slow compared with the Mac), so I'm going to give it a go.

On a brighter note, we bought a new camera with a 12x zoom, so I hope to post some nice close up shots of wee Scarlett as soon as I can.

No comments: