My friend N and I decided we'd take our girls out for lunch - an activity not for those of weak constitution! The girls turned out to be little angels in the cafe, slightly more boisterous in the supermarket, and then Scarlett lost it at the lifts. She ran into an empty lift that was going up (we were planning to go down to the basement) and before we could do anything about it, the doors closed, taking Scarlett with them. What to do? Thankfully N stayed on level 1, I hopped into the other lift (also going up) and hoped against hope I'd catch her somewhere! N managed to let me know Scarlett's lift was going to the 4th floor, so I pushed 3 and 4 on my lift. I got out at 3 to see Scarlett's lift making its way down from 4, so I waited to see if she was still on it when the doors opened.
As the doors opened I held my breath. Thankfully, Scarlett was howling the place down in the arms of a Singaporean woman. She clung to me, crying all the way down to meet a very relieved N. As we made our way to the car, when she had calmed down, I said to Scarlett, "That must have been a bit scary eh Scarlett? What happened?"
She replied, "Bump a head! Where are Mummy?" (like she was calling out to me) and then disolved into a fresh bout of tears. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry myself! Either way, I think she's more likely to listen to me now when I say, "Don't go in the lift Scarlett!"
Scarlett & Griffin have both been sick with a coughing bug and have had antibiotics. Because G is so little, the paediatrician was concerned about his airways, so we had to use a nebuliser for 3 days. He wasn't that bothered by it, but Scarlett was very worried about her 'baby brah-brah'. Whenever we finished a round, she would shout, "YAY! Good boy Gee-gee, gooooood boy!" Very amusing. It was quite a palaver mixing all the concoctions into the nebuliser, so I'm glad it's over.

Our little kiwi boy (thanks for the outfit L & N).

Nothing like a banana milkshake moustache...

Griffin on the nebuliser.

Darth Vader.

Check out Scarlett's worried face!
No comments:
Post a Comment