Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Easter Bonnet

When I saw the request from the teachers at Scarlett's school, I heaved a weary sigh. When would we find the time to make an Easter Bonnet for Scarlett? The school helpfully suggested parents Google Easter Bonnet & see what came up...

So I did.

After spending far too long looking at craft sites designed for people who have far more patience than I, I came to the realisation that the best thing for all concerned was if we bought a straw hat, and used the glue gun (that made a bid for freedom from one of my previous schools) to stick Easter-y things on.

Miles happened to be in town that day, so he went to Spotlight and came back with the mother load! Scarlett was ecstatic just to touch the various bits & pieces!

She decorated it (though Raquel suggested the placement of the bunny), then I hot-glue-gunned for all I was worth.

The results certainly speak volumes. I was wondering just how good an idea it was, as Scarlett dragged me proudly around the playground in an attempt to elicit comments from as many people as possible. Luckily, people still think she is cute. I felt a bit ridiculous, but was thrilled she was so happy with it.

She was a bit upset that she couldn't take it to school the next day, but we talked her 'round.

She has already told me that she will share it with her friends, and we talked about how if anything fell off it didn't matter - we could glue it back on again when she brings it home.

I hope it goes well. I know I will be sending one very excited girl to school that day!


No comments: