I nervously looked at ticket prices, then found to my great delight that Singapore airlines had a special deal if 2 people fly together. Easy! I had one Scarlett Beasley who made up the numbers, no worries!
Miraculously, we had been paid early, so we were able to go ahead and book tickets. I sent the initial text to Lauren in the morning, saying I was thinking about coming, and later that night, Scarlett and I were on a plane!
Once we arrived in Hamilton (courtesy one brother-in-law!) we got Lauren to pretend that Nathan had brought home an early birthday present for her and got her to close her eyes in the lounge.
We snuck in and then said, 'SURPRISE!' Boops didn't even open her eyes straight away, but looked puzzled - then she opened them and did a quadruple-take. She couldn't believe it and then just covered her mouth in silent tears. It was fantastic! Of course by this stage we were all bawling and carrying on, and Scarlett was beginning to get a bit freaked out, what with all the tears, but eventually all was well. She still says, "Nana CRIED! Happy tearth!" weeks later! It obviously left quite an impression on her!
Once we had all recovered, Scarlett put Nana straight to work reading stories. I had a cuppa with Lauren. What a perfect holiday!
Keen to maximise the surprise potential, we plotted Dad's arrival home from work and what we would do. Miles helped out with this one, as when Dad walked in the door, Lauren & Nathan were talking to Miles and Griffin on Skype. Miles said, "Yeah, Keri-Lee's just out the back," and then Scarlett and I came through the door yelling, "SURPRISE!" His eyes popped out and he held out his arms for a big Scarlee-girl hug. Nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment